To provide the FMS Business Outsource clients with timely and accurate financial statements prepared in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP.
FMS, Financial Management Systems, LTD is a subsidiary of FMS Financial Management Services, LLC a rapidly growing midsized multinational company servicing the retail sector with a focus on the grocery and supermarket industry. Due to our continued growth over the last decade, we are opening an office in the Toronto Market as part of our continued plans for expansion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete the monthly close process for clients with two to four store chains.
- Maintain client work papers in accordance with the standards documented in the internal audit work plan.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP while meeting monthly deadlines.
- Reconcile higher risk and more complicated bank accounts and HST/GST returns.
- Process standard weekly reports.
- Upload budgets.
- Write reports using structured report writer and m-Power (or any other data base reporting software).
- Proficient using the FMS Portal and Dashboard.
- Review the financial statements with the client by phone or in person on a quarterly basis.
- Provide client’s financial information to client’s tax accountant or auditor (if so directed by client).
- Ability to travel to US
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in the primary functional usage of Excel.
- Strong communication and building interpersonal relationships.
- Effective use of relevant technology.
- Strong accounting skills and an understanding of the interdependencies of the cash flow, balance sheet and income statements.
- BS in Accounting
- Fluency in French and English
- Two to three years full financial statement experience
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Accountant”