Employee Type: Full-Time
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Accounting
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: At least 3 years
In this role, you will be responsible for the full monthly close process including monthly financial statement preparation and analysis for multiple clients. Therefore, you must have at least three years of recent experience performing all aspects of the full monthly close process. You must also be able to work independently and with confidence. The specific details and requirements are listed below.
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements for multiple clients accurately and timely.
- Maintain work papers that provide detailed support of all balance sheet account balances.
- Have a thorough understanding of debits and credits so that you can prepare accurate journal entries for amortizations, accruals, etc.
- Ability to prepare complex bank account reconciliations.
- Sales and use tax filings in multiple states.
- Gain a basic, working understanding of payroll processing so you can assist clients with setting up new employees and their associated deductions.
- Software literate so you can quickly learn how to navigate our proprietary accounting software applications.
- Provide customer support to your clients.
- Provide your clients with weekly reports that give a snapshot of margins and labor costs.
- Write custom payroll and financial reports using our database program, mPower (training will be provided).
To be considered for this position, you must possess the following abilities and experience:
- Ability to confidently and accurately communicate with our clients.
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP
- At least 3 years recent experience being solely responsible for all aspects of a monthly close process including the preparation and analysis of financial statements.
- Have a strong work ethic and the willingness to put forth a 100% effort to be successful in this position.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- BS/BA in accounting
- Multilingual a plus – Spanish preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, disability, vacation, holidays, 401k plan.
Note: Due to financial nature of our work Credit and Background Checks are performed.