Employee Type: Full-Time
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Accounting
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: At least 3 year(s)
The primary purpose of the Tax Specialist position is to act as a subject matter expert responsible and accountable for multiple payroll tax processes and ensuring the accurate, compliant, and timely processing of payroll tax filings, payments, and collections This position is also responsible for ensuring client funds are balanced. The Tax Specialist will partner closely with agencies and internal/external stakeholders including payroll bureaus, licensees, and company employees to disseminate payroll tax information and maintain the tax system and client data tax information accurate and compliant.
- Payroll Processing
- Validate that clients have completed the employee maintenance and time entry, then process the payroll and distribute the checks and reports electronically or manually based on the level of service for each respective client.
- Payroll Tax compliance research
- Conduct research to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local payroll tax reporting and payment requirements. Research and resolve any payroll tax issue.
- Payroll Tax Filing and Reporting
- Timely and accurate payment and reporting of payroll taxes. This includes quarterly and annual filings.
- W-2 Processing
- Processing and printing of W2’s and W2c’s.
- Process involuntary deductions such as garnishments.
- Accurate taxing of various employee benefits and deductions.
- Support the FMS accounting staff with payroll issues.
- Complete multiple worksite reports.
- Report writing using the mPower reporting tool. (Training provided)
To be considered for this position, you must possess the following abilities and experience:
- Excellent client service orientation
- Communication and interpersonal
- Organization and follow-through while balancing priorities
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem solving
- Effective use of relevant technology
- Payroll experience within multiple corporations, multi-state tax filing, including quarter-end and year-end responsibilities
- Experience with PA, Ohio, Washington, and Oregon payroll tax filing.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in a payroll service bureau environment.
- Experience processing union payrolls preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, disability, vacation, holidays, 401k plan.
Note: Due to the financial nature of our work Credit and Background Checks are performed.